Enjoy this one guys! Might start doing recipes more often, since I love to cook, and we are getting into the eating season anyways.
Want a cut-out copy of this recipe with exact measurements? Email me using the contact information on my blog, and I got you!
What you will need:
- Spaghetti noodles (I usually go for the thin spaghetti)
- Spaghetti sauce (I use Ragú, usually six cheese or parmesan & romano)
- Mild cheddar
- Ground meat of choice (I use ground turkey)
- Chicken broth
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Meat tenderizer
- Vegetable oil, or substitute
- Butter or Spread
What you will do:
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Start by measuring how much of the noodles you will need for the meal (take into consideration how many people you are serving, and if you want leftovers. Do NOT break the noodles. Some people also cook extra noodles to store for another time.)
- Place your noodles into a large pot, and pour the chicken broth, salt, and pepper directly on them. Use only enough to moisten the noodles.
- Fill the pot halfway with water. Leave the noodles sitting half up in the pot, and half down in the water.
- Allow your noodles to cook while you attend to prepping and cooking the meat.
- Prepare a pan with oil or butter. Set the stove on 5 or 6.
- Season your ground meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, meat tenderizer, and paprika. Mix all of the ingredients together, so that no piece of meat is unseasoned.
- In small chunks, place the ground meat into the pan and allow it to cook thoroughly.
- Around the time that your meat is finishing, the noodles should be done.
- Place some butter into the pot and allow it to melt into the noodles.
- Strain the noodles of all water (be cautious!)
- Once strained, use butter to soften the noodles further.
- Place the noodles into a lasagna pan, along with the cooked meat.
- Mix together.
- Pour and mix 1, 2, or even 3 cans of spaghetti sauce into the lasagna pan, depending on how you like your food. I used two.
- Use mild cheddar cheese as a topping, and if you want extra spice, use pepper on top of the cheese. Do not mix.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, use a knife to section, and enjoy!