Wow, I really did not expect to be nominated for an award right before the clock struck midnight last night! Thank you so much Coily Fro for this spectacular surprise to end 2017! Guys, be sure to check out her natural hair blog, she is a fantastic writer!
My favorite blog: Makeup with Morgan
I am a huge makeup lover. I am always on the lookout for great products that work well with my skin and style. Morgan is always trying something something new, and stays up on all of the latest trends. She has never posted anything, in my opinion, that was not entertaining or interesting. Not to mention, her website is extremely appealing to the eye. The layout is gorgeous. It’s awesome to have found such a passionate writer on WordPress.
Just in case you’re curious, here’s 10 random facts about me:
- I have been writing plays, stories, poems, all types of stuff since I was in the 6th grade.
- I have a crazy phobia of tight spaces, and corners.
- Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, I do it when I’m stressed a lot.
- I am addicted to Starbucks!!
- I prefer Waffle House over IHOP, go ahead and roast me! I know I deserve it lol!
- I have 3 favorite music artists: Alina Baraz, Rihanna, and Corinne Bailey Rae
- My fiance and I do not have cable or satellite in our home, strictly because we only watch YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu.
- I will put BBQ sauce on literally anything.
- I graduate school in about another year and a half.
- I am originally from Bridgetown, Barbados and just recently started embracing it.
Further Questions from Coily Fro:
- What steps do you plan to take to make you blog better in 2018? I definitely want to continue finding interesting things to post about, and I want to be able to feel comfortable with what I post.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Married, hopefully with one child, and stable careers in early childhood education and blogging.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world today, where would you go? Probably back home to Bridgetown, I miss my family.
- What is your favorite food? OMG OMG OMG, I have an obsession with salmon and cheese!
- What is your favorite room in your house? Hands down, the meditation room.
- Who is your biggest supporter? My fiance, 100%
- If you were given $500,000 right now, what is the first thing you would do with it? Pay back college loans, and get Cai and I into a better apartment.
- What is your favorite TV show? That’s tough…maybe Courage the Cowardly Dog?
- How long have you been blogging? Christmas made 1 month!
- Do you have any animals? Not yet, hopefully in June I will.
So, next I was supposed to nominate some other cool blogs for the Liebster Award, but almost all of my favorite new blogs have already been chosen (because they’re just that darn amazing!) I only have two to nominate:
I love your blogs, they’re great!
And here are my questions for you guys (even though I feel like they’re weird questions):
- What inspired you to create your blog?
- What are your expectations for 2018?
- What is your favorite topic to read about?
- Where is your happy place?
- What is your favorite hot beverage?
- What are 3 of your hobbies?
- Which season do you like best?
- How long do you plan to keep blogging?
- What is your favorite scent?
- What do you value in life most?
The Liebster Award is:
An award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them and promote them as well. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so others (and me) can check out your answers!